AWS Short Notes
It is the use of remote servers on the internet to store, manage and process data rather than a local server or personal computer.
- There are basically 3 categories in cloud computing:
- SaaS – Software as a Service
- PasS – Platform as a service
- IaaS – Infrastructure as a service
- AWS stands for Amazon Web Services.
- The AWS service is provided by the Amazon that uses distributed IT infrastructure to provide different IT resources available on demand. It provides different services such as infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) and packaged software as a service (SaaS).
- Amazon launched AWS, a cloud computing platform to allow the different organizations to take advantage of reliable IT infrastructure.
–Uses of AWS
- A small manufacturing organization uses their expertise to expand their business by leaving their IT management to the AWS.
- A large enterprise spread across the globe can utilize the AWS to deliver the training to the distributed workforce.
- An architecture consulting company can use AWS to get the high-compute rendering of construction prototype.
- A media company can use the AWS to provide different types of content such as ebox or audio files to the worldwide files.
AWS (Amazon Web Services)
It is used to process data on the cloud by making use of powerful processors which serve multiple instances at a time.
- Storage and Content Delivery
The storage as the name suggests, is used to store data in the cloud, this data can be stored anywhere but content delivery on the other hand is used to cache data nearer to the user so as to provide low latency.
The database domain is used to provide reliable relational and non-relational database instances managed by AWS.
It includes services which provide a variety of networking features such as security, faster access etc.
- Management Tools
It includes services which can be used to manage and monitor your AWS instances.
- Security and Identity
It includes services for user authentication or limiting access to a certain set of audience on your AWS resources.
- Application Services
It includes simple services like notifications, emailing and queuing.
To include every customer need under the sun, amazon has further categorized services under each domain. Let’s discuss each one of them.
- Amazon EC2
- Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling
- Amazon Elastic Container Registry
- Amazon Elastic Container Service
- Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service
- Amazon Lightsail
- AWS Batch
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- AWS Fargate
- AWS Lambda
- AWS Serverless Application Repository
- AWS Outposts
- VMware Cloud on AWS
- EC2 stands for Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud.
- It is a web service which provides re-sizable compute capacity in the cloud.
- It is designed to make the web scale computing easier for developers
AWS EC2 offers 5 types of instances which are as follows:
- General Instances : For applications that require a balance of performance and cost.
- Compute Instances : For applications that require a lot of processing from the CPU.
- Memory Instances : For applications that are heavy in nature, therefore, require a lot of RAM.
- Storage Instances : For applications that are huge in size or have a data set that occupies a lot of space.
- GPU Instances : For applications that require some heavy graphics rendering.
AWS Elastic Beanstalk
Elastic Beanstalk quickly deploy and manage applications in AWS without worrying about the underlying infrastructure.
- Elastic Beanstalk is a service provided by AWS which is used for deploying infrastructure which consists of many AWS services.
- These services include AWS S3, EC2, auto–scaling, cloud watch, Elastic load balancer, and simple notification service.
- It is easy to start with Elastic Bean Stalk as you can see AWS Management Console, the command line interface or the API.
- All you have to do is choose your platforms such as Node.js or Ruby and Amazon EC2 instance type.
- After the code is uploaded the AWS Elastic Beanstalk will handle the rest of the activities such as provisioning, load balancing, auto-scaling, and other activities.
- AWS does not implement any extra charges for Elastic Beanstalk as you have pay only for the AWS resources needed to run your applications without any hidden or upfront cost.